Wednesday, April 25, 2007

HGTV Stamping techniques

I found this site on Yahoo and decided to check out HGTV's Stamping techniques to see if I could find some new ones. I was not overly impressed with what I saw because the tricks or techniques were not pictured. I am a very visual person and when I can see an image, I am able to recreate or store the technique in memory.

This site did have several good tips from different authors that I would like to share. One of the first is to keep a notebook of stamped images. I have over 200 stamp sets and to try and remember which ones I have is sometimes overwhelming. I am now ready to go home and make a notebook of all of the stamps so that I can carry it with me and be able to jot down ideas for projects when they come to mind or use it for when I want to purchase new sets. Another great tip is for those stubborn stamps that have spots where it will not hold ink and your impression does not turn out. Try rubbing a pencil eraser over the entire stamp, especially the hard spot, or using sand paper to remedy the problem. note: do not sand too much.

I looked through what I thought would be so many new ideas or techniques, but this site was very deceiving. There were only two tips i found after searching through many links to the articles published that I thought were interesting.

No comments: