Sunday, April 29, 2007

Why Stamp?

So why do I stamp? I love to make things for people. I am a firm believer that when a person gets a card or a gift that is handmade it means more to them. So why do I stamp? It is a really fun way for me to use my creative side. I take the time to relax by making things. I am usually covered in who knows what that my two year old wipes or slobbers all over me or up to my ears in homework, housework and extra curricular activities that my two older children are in. This is time for me to either work alone and clear my head or to get together with my friends once a month to gossip and make some great things.

Did I mention that I am an education major? When I first moved to this area, I worked as a paraprofessional and one of the teachers I worked with asked me to come to a stamping party. I first thought to myself, sure, why not? I know about two people and this sounds like fun. Plus it would be an night away from my very busy toddler. I had so much fun the first night that I ended up becoming a demonstrator myself. This is also for the discount... When my husband found out that I could get a discount if I was a demonstrator he wrote out the check and was saying how he could save even more money now! It was a standing joke for awhile that he couldn't write out the check fast enough. Every month he says we are going to need to add on another room to our house because I am filling it up with so much stamping supplies that soon, we will not be able to see the bed in the spare room.

I also take the time once a month to get the advice or opinions of my friends since they are already in the filed of work that I am going into. It really comes in handy when I have a class that I have no interest in and one of them is an expert. So whether or not you have a stamping hobby, make sure to take the time to do something you enjoy. It makes life easier on you in the long run!

No comments: